Monday 19 March 2012

week 6 A busy week and good news

This week was another tough week where I upped my distance again.
MONDAY
Plan rest day
Today passed really quickly. A busy day at work meant I never missed exercise at all today.I am starting to look forward to rest days.

TUESDAY
Plan 5.5 miles easy run.
I wanted to add a bike to todays plan but when the alarm went off at 5 am I was tired so I re set it for 6am and went back to sleep.That is virtually unheard of. Glad I did though. Today has been hectic and I didnt get home till nearly 5 pm and rushed in got changed and rushed out with the dog.. It was like he knew I was in a rush and as really hanging on to go to the loo. When he finally went, we ran home and fed him the straihht out to running club, lucozade and chunky kitkat in hand. I ran eating my kitkat and was 10 mins late. Thank goodness the other coaches were on time. Juniors did a relay for training.
After the youngsters left it was adult club. My group joined with another similar paced group. It was a bit fast for me at first but I settled in and it was a good run.
Total
run 6 miles

WEDNESDAY
Plan 45 min bike 15 min hard
I was on a course for work at Boroughbridge, 6 miles away, this was the perfect opportunity for a training ride. The weather was cool and clear and I went a slightly longer route, relishing in the opportunity to ride to work.
After the course the sun had come out and it was lovely and warm riding home, I rode home faster to incorporate the 15 min hard part of the plan.
Plan Swim 85 lengths
After tea it was time for a quick swim before Drama, this session needs to be quick because swim starts at 6 pm and drama at 7 pm, I am always late to drama. Didn't think Id manage the distance and I was wrong, Only managed 86 because it always ends up as an even number.
At drama the youngsters were having their dress rehearsals for the annual drama competition, where they write, direct and design plays in groups. this year all 3 plays are very good . Its going to be difficult for the judges next week
TOTALS
Bike 15.4 miles
swim 1.14 miles

THURSDAY
Plan Club training run
I decided on a morning cycle to try and improve my cycling. it was pretty chilly but it was a nice ride. When I got home I put my bike back upstairs, changed my shoes and took Jed out for a Dogjog, only a short one, 2 miles but it was good. Jed enjoyed it too.
6:30 pm was club training, 12 min efforts running up Whitcliffe lane for 6 mins, turning and running back. I struggled with the warm up but then about 3 mins into the first effort something clicked and suddenly I was running fast, way faster than normal, and the following 2 efforts were amazing, I was running hard and fast it was good fun.
TOTALS
Bike 14.2 miles
run 8.86

FRIDAY
Plan easy 45 min bike
Got up early and got out on the bike. Again it was cold and bright, when I got home my toes were freezing. went a little bit further but it was windy so quite hard work.
Plan swim training
It was a timed mile this week. Its a long time since I did this, and last time I never finished before the trainer stopped us. this week I completed it and in 35 mins, my fastest ever mile, we then did a few drills.
TOTALS
Bike 14.47 miles
Swim 1.2 miles

SATURDAY
Long bike 50 miles
No work but no lie in either. I went out to complete the 3 laps of the Ripon tri bike route, which I had failed at last week.
It was not windy, just breezy, this week the weather was cold and damp with frequent rain stops. I was soaked through. It would have been easy to give up but I pushed onwards completing my longest ride to date.
TOTALS Bike 80.80 miles

SUNDAY
Plan long run 20 miles
Legs were tired from the start so I set of with doubt in my mind. I decided to do a combination of hills and off road to keep it interesting. it was cold and bright and hard work. I talked myself into the full 20 miles,
TOTAL 20.23 miles.

SUMMARY
Yet again a tough week but next week is recovery again. I did have good news on Friday but was told to keep it secret until this morning. I will be carrying the Olympic torch through Ripon on 19 June. I am so pleased and have somany messages wishing me well. I am very honoured to be able to carry the Olympic flame.

Total miles 162.3
Calories burned 13742
workouts 10
Time 17:05 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment