Sunday 13 May 2012

Week 14, Recovery

MONDAY
Plan
Bike 1hr10min with 10x2min hard
10min run
Endurance swim 125 lengths


The 2 marathons have taken it out of me a fair bit, so I decided to have Monday as a total rest and to swap it with Wednesday.I never set my alarm and took the day quite easy, I just did a bit of walking with the dog and around town.
last week at the Ilkley race, I was asked to work out a route for Tuesdays club run, I spent some time doing this.
Total
0 miles


TUESDAY
Plan
Easy run 6.5 miles


Back to work following the Bank Holiday weekend, set alarm for 6 am and started the day gently as Tuesdays always end manic. True to form it was the usual mad rush from work to Junior running club but with the bonus this week of not having to walk the dog as hubby was home and he had made me a jacket potato to keep me going. 
The cricket club had a match on so we met at the pavilion but moved to Outwood Academy to use their track for a track session, relays, 800m and 400m, this meant i did not have to do any running thus saving my legs a bit.
When the youngsters had gone home we all piled into cars to go to Grewelthorpe for a run, we met in the  Crown Inn car park and split into 3  groups . my group did the run I planned, there were some faster runners in the group and I was worried that I would be dragged along. When I planned my route and mapped it I knew it was an uphill start, but oh boy it was uphill, this evened everyone out and we stayed quite together. After the run we met back in the pub for food and drink.
Total
5.9 miles run (not easy)


WEDNESDAY
Plan
REST
Set the alarm for 5:30 to get a cycle in but I struggled to get out of bed. I did go for a swim after work though and managed 86 lengths before visiting mum and going to Drama, another tiring day.
Total
Swim 1.2 miles


THURSDAY
Plan
Club training run
I set the alarm for 5;30 and this time it was not as tough to get up, I got on the turbo as it was pouring down again outside and got a steady rhythm going. I did 30 mins and then took the dog out for a walk. After tea was club training and after a day of torrential rain the sun came out as we headed to Land rover Hill for another of Ian's tough sessions, we didn't cover many miles but the effort was massive.
Total
Turbo 8.84 miles
5 miles hill running


FRIDAY
Plan
Swim training
To make up for being  a bit lax in my training i forced myself up at 5:30 and onto the turbo for a few miles before walking the dog.
After work it was swim training with Sylvia. As always she worked us hard, there were not as many there as usual, but there are a few events coming up, its that time of year now when there are lots of races.
Totals
Turbo 10 miles
Swim 1.2 miles


SATURDAY
Plan
70 mile bike
20 min run
Woke up tired today. I had arranged to go down to the lake for my first OW swim of the season. I got up at 5:30 to give me time to walk the dog and get some breakfast. We went down to the lake for 7:00, hubby and I so we could get a swim and cover for will whilst he swam. The temperature was 11 degrees, the minimum that we are allowed in at. The water was high from all the recent rain and the sun was shining, it was nicer than it felt.
I struggled into my wetsuit, I'm sure it shrinks over winter. I walked to the jetty and didn't let my brain recognise the cold, I just went for it. then as the water seeped in the zip at the small of my back, my brain registered the cold, there was no time for splashing around in the shallows, it was a case of getting on with it.
As with all my sports I am not fast and was soon at the back of the group of brave swimmers, I was managing to get my face in the water, an improvement from last year but struggled with bilateral breathing as the sun was blinding to the left, I came level with the first island and had wanted to attempt the full 1500m but the rest of the group had turned at the first island and I didn't want to be on my own so far away so I also turned at the 1st island and headed back. Cold as I was I was just starting to warm up as I approached the jetty, I didn't want to stand up, I knew Id have wobbly legs and the breeze was cold, it was actually warmer in the water.
As the day wore on I grew progressively tired and felt a bit flu ey. After visiting mum I came home to bed and slept 3 hours, I felt a bit better but not great.
Total
0.8 mile swim


SUNDAY
Plan


Endurance run 
10 miles

Today was the Ripon 10 mile race and I was down to marshal, it was sunny and cool but I was tired and had a head full of snot. Oh great, a head cold. Determined not to let it get me down I walked the dog and then went for a bike ride. It was great to be out on the bike again but I didn't have the time to enjoy it, I had to get back for the race.
I walked to the cricket club to collect my hi vis jacket and a space blanket, met Stephen (@MrNimby) and we had a chatty walk to Studley deer park to my post, Its great to catch up with an old friend. Stephen helped me marshal, taking pics of the runners and guarding the gate to the park after a heard of cattle after the charged down the field. Then we locked the gate and walked back to club with Stephen marking his way with munzee http://www.munzee.com/s . I left Stephen near where he is camped an went back to club.  Congratulations to everyone competing in the Ripon 10 mile race, it is a toughy, undulating and multi terrain. I must have walked a good 6 miles today. Was going to go for a run but I feel tired. I will probably benefit more for the rest. 49 days until Outlaw
Total
10 miles bike



  • 43miles
  • 06:24time
  • 4868calories
  • 8workouts
  •  
  • This Weektime period

No comments:

Post a Comment