Sunday 26 February 2012

Week 3 Training. Back to work. 19 weeks to Outlaw

MONDAY
Maximising my day by creating an extra rest day, by not doing any phys till tonight which gives me more than 48 hrs rest
First day back at work for a week. Biggest problem this week will be time vs nutrition. Ok today cos school fed me and hubby was home and had prepped tea.
I rushed home today to get online so thst Lisa from Swimovate could remotely install my poolmate.
That done it was time for phys.

PLAN 40 min bike with 10x20 sec sprint
Did it on the turbo rather than go out in the dark. I must be getting fitter as I was in the hardest gear and my cadence was still 85. Next tine I'm going to increase the resistance on the turbo.

PLAN endurance swim 66 lengths
After turbo went to the pool for the 8 pm session. Hubby came too. I used Poolmate to count he counted. We stopped at about 60 lengths, hubby said it was 60 Poolmate said 52. Went with Poolmate and did 14 more.
Shoulder sore today.
TUESDAY
Plan easy 6 mile run
It was Ripon Runners Juniors where I am an assistant coach at 5:15. This was the usual rush from work home to get changed and walk the dog to get there in time. We did a 3 mile run with the youngsters.
Then was the adult club, Tuesdays are social runs and I am a group leader. My group was quite small this week but we were all similar paced and so did 6 miles.
Total 9 steady miles

WEDNESDAY
Plan Rest day.
Wednesday is the best available day for me to have a rest due to other commitments, this is difficult for me as I run the school running club and therefore often end up running.
We did not go far as time was short this week 2 miles on the streets and 1 mile back on the school field. the youngsters did more on the field.

THURSDAY
Plan Run training
On Monday @sidsidowski was to virtually join me for my bike session but was unable to, so he chose the next activity, he picked a 16 miler on Thursday, I got up early to walk the dog and then do Fridays bike on Thursday, I went out on the old cronk,hammering out a cool 16 miles before work.
Club training was the delightful Landrover Hill. This hill is around a third of a mile long if you go all the way to Wath road end (long rep) warm up was jogging the mile from club to the hill doing dynamic stretches as we jogged. The main session was sprints up the first half of the hill then 3 x long reps and finishing with more shorter sprints, we then jogged back to club

FRIDAY
Plan bike easy 45 mins
I didn't do this as I had cycled 16 miles on Thursday.
Plan Swim training
A rush from work to get home and collect my stuff to walk up to the Grammar School for training. Fortunately hubby was home and had walked the dog. He comes to these sessions too. We walked up to the school to find out that there was no swim as there is a problem with the pool, so as we did before half term we went to Spa Baths instead. I did 54 lengths of the 25 yd pool, 10 of which were breast stroke. I am rubbish at breast stroke. after I finished hubby coached me a bit more on breast stroke. I only want to improve it as I feel embarrassed at how slow I am at training when we do breast stroke. Hubby can breast stroke as fast as I can crawl.

SATURDAY
The big weekend is here. Last week of increased distances before well earned step back week.
Plan 60 mile endurance cycle
The furthest I have ever done on a bike is 52 miles back at the beginning of December so I have been dreading this session. I got up early, hubby walked the dog so I could get it done and back again. It was a lovely day though a bit breezy, at hubby's suggestion I did the Ripon triathlon bike route twice. The hardest bit of the route is to Burton Leonard as your legs haven't warmed up and it is predominantly up hill with a cheeky short sharp hill at the back of the village from then on its a lovely ride, The 168 is a bit boring and breezy. It was very breezy today, in fact it was positively windy and then after struggling up the short sharp incline of Windmill Hill I hit a head on wind so the downhill run back to the racecourse was really difficult it was so windy and it was quite unnerving on such a busy road. I got to the racecourse in under 2 hours and I set off for the repeat circuit.
This time it was much easier getting up to Burton Leonard as my legs were warmed up and i started to make good time even fighting the side winds on the 168 and headwinds on the Boroughbridge Road making the race course in 3 hours 45 but it was only 52 miles so I went back on the Tri route to Bishop Monkton and back.
Fuel Hi 5 energy drink, 1 blackberry and apple nutrigrain bar and 1 snickers.
On my journey I saw 3 red kites and 1 buzzard, plus 3 Trotting horse and carriages. I also saw a campervan with a brilliant slogan on the back;
Adventure before dementure.
Total 61 miles

SUNDAY
Plan 20 long slow miles
Last long session of the week today, 20 miles. I decided that if I ran the 2 miles to Studley I could run up the Mile hill and back 8 times and then run home total 20 miles approx.
I got up early and Hubby walked the dog it was a lovely day as I set off armed with a bottle of water and 8 Dextrose tablets. My legs were tired from the bike ride so I took it slowly. I arrived at Studley, stashed my bottle and set off up the hill.
On the way back down from the top on the first rep I stopped for a few pics, which I stopped the watch for. On the Second rep, I was on the way back down when I met Vicky and Annette out for their Sunday run so I stopped my watch and had a chat then carried on. on the fourth rep I needed the loo so I detoured for the toilets in the carpark, now that is a cheeky little hill from the car park to the main drag. On the sixth rep hubby arrived to join me for the last 3 reps.
This was a really peaceful run, Studley is so beautiful and it was interesting to see how busy it was with walkers runners and cyclists.
On my run I saw Numerous deer,(it is a deer park), lots of pheasant, and a woodpecker.
Total 21 miles


Total training for this week
133 miles
15 hours 50 minutes
12915 calories burned
10 workouts
Next week is a step back week.
I was really pleased to complete this odd challenge that I set myself.

1 comment: