Monday 23 April 2012

Week 8

This week was going to be tough, OFSTED were inspecting school Monday and Tuesday so it would be a bit of a fit what and when I can week.
MONDAY
Plan
40 min bike,
went early to work so didnt get time for a cycle.
Plan
10x25yd, x5 =50 lengths
Pool swim 1.36 miles 96 lengths to make up for not cycling.
Total 1.36 miles
TUESDAY
Plan
easy 6 mile run
Morning cycle 6 miles battery died on light
Dogjog brick 2 miles
After work there was a meeting to update the staff on the results of the inspection and much to everyone's delight they gave us a good. so it is official Outwood Academy Ripon is a good school. Staying for the meeting however made me late home, so I put Jed on his lead and took him to Junior runners with me.
Running club juniors 4.01
Jed loved running with the kids, but was tiring, I ran him home, fed him and ran back to club, but everyone had gone, they'd all set off early because of the club AGM later, so I ran the 7 bridges on my own.
Run home with Jed and back 1.1 mile
Lone run 5.5 seven bridges
AGM made for a late night, gone 10 pm
Total 10.1 miles run
WEDNESDAY
Plan
Rest
It was fairly warm and my colleague could not attend school running club due to other work stuff, so we had to stay on site so I set them 4 x 5 min efforts with 1 min rests, they worked really hard and really enjoyed it.I stood in the middle and shouted encouragement allowing me to rest.
THURSDAY
Plan
club training
managed to get up in time for a quick cycle.
Cycle 14 mile
Got back and got Jed out, Dogjog bricks are quite good because Jed pulls me a bit and there are a couple of stops allowing my legs to recover.
Dogog brick 1.77
Another busy day at work followed by Club training. Ian took us up to Studley and had us running up and down the deer park.
Hill efforts at Studley, 3x10 min efforts
5.5 miles
Total
14 mile cycle
7.2 miles run
FRIDAY
Plan
easy bike 45 mins
swim training
Broke up from school for the Easter holidays, the end of a busy week.
Went for lunch with some friends and then went to visit Mum, she has now been moved to Ripon. She looked well sat in her chair.
Decided a day off was in order especially as there was no swim training
Total
Rest
SATURDAY
Plan
endurance bike 70 miles
I had already run loads this week and needed to work on my cycling but also wanted family time.
Didnt go out till late, went out for the day with hubby, went for short hilly cycle late afternoon
Total
bike 17 miles
SUNDAY
Plan
18 mile run
Needed to get my bike miles up, Hubby went fishing so I didnt feel the need to rush. I planned my route and told hubby the plan before I set off. Safety first. Long rides on my own need special planning, I have no one to do these rides with because i am not a fast rider and dont want to feel as if I am holding others up or chasing them, so I feel the best way for me to increase my mileage and avoid injury is to go alone but make sure i am as safe as possible.
I have put a link on so you can see the route and try it for yourself.
85 mile cycle Richmond
85.77 miles
Total this week
145 miles
14.03 hrs training
11,193 calories burned
0ver 9 work outs

No comments:

Post a Comment