Tuesday 24 April 2012

Week 11 Back to work

MONDAY
PLAN
1 hr cycle
10 min run
132 lengths swim
Back to work and a late fininsh.
Chose to swim only today, but not hard just a recovery swim, did 0 lengths an met another runner/triathlete in the pool, so we had a bit of a chat.
nice relaxed session.
Total
0.71 swim

TUESDAY
PLAN
easy run 6 miles
The usual mad rush from work to club in time for Junior runners. This week we split the group into 3 groups, I still have the silver group, we ran to Hell Wath and Quarry Moor where I let the group do an obsticle course over the play park, then we ran back, the heavens opened just before we got back and got soaked, the kids didnt mind though.
For adult club, most of the club went out to recce the club championship route, I took my group out and told them where each mile would be and encouraged them up the hills, the did fantastic.
Total
3 miles running juniors
5.96 miles running adults

WEDNESDAY
PLAN
Rest
Sports massage, I have these booked fortnightly from now to the Outlaw and oh boy did I need it, my IT band was niggling, Libby worked on it and then found a blockage in my Quad, she pushed and pummelled and stretched my legs, just what I needed to keep me going till the Manchester Marathon in 10 days.

THURSDAY
PLAN
club training run
Got up early and went out on the bike, i chose a different route for a change of scenery, about 3 miles in a car over took some other cars and was just heading straight for me, it passed within inches of my elbow, I was initially very angry before I realised how close it had been then I was quite shaken.
Club training was a fast hill session, it went well, I paced myself and had a good session.
Totals
11 miles bike
5.8 running

FRIDAY
PLAN
1 hr bike
swim training
Got up and put the bike on the turbo, could only be bothered to do 45 mins, I just wasnt feeling it, I then put jed on his lead and went for a short dogjog.
Swim training was back on, hubby and I walked up to the Grammer school. Oh Boy it was a tough session.
Totals
15 miles turbo
1.5 run
1.59 swim

SATURDAY
PLAN
90 mile bike
15 min run
Hadnt planned my long ride, decided to have a day with hubby and go for a run after visiting mum.
I went on a hilly route and ran at a reasonably hard pace.
Total
14.3 miles run


SUNDAY
PLAN
Run 13 miles
Ok today was the day to tackle 100 miles on the bike. I had planned the route, and eaten carbs for tea.
I wrapped up warm and set out, thinking of all of my friends taking on the London Marathon today. I set off for Pateley Bridge and failed at Grantly bank, I was gutted I have done this hill before. then again at Fellbeck I got my gears wrong and ended up walking again, I was so cross with myself. I then realised that I had not had my complete breakfast in my rush to get started. Everyday I have a banana and a yoghurt, but on a day i plan something big or a race I have muesli or porridge, but today for some reason I hadnt had my muesli. big mistake.
I carried on and turned towards Ripley, there were some steep descents butI was on the brakes, the roads were wet and gritty. I carried on to Knaresborough where I had a stop and ate crisps and a snickers, I also text hubby to tell him I'd changed my plans and was sick of hills so was going to Wetherby. At spofforth I left the road and took to the cycle route, possibly a bit rough for a road bike but fun.
From Wetherby I got onto the 168 and headed for Dishforth, I got caught in a horrendous hail storm. From Dishforth I headed through the rain towards Northallerton, I was starving, so I detoured to Thirsk, where I stopped my watch for a few minutes whilst I went to Greggs for a pasty and a scone.The road to Northallerton was windy and hard work so I decided against going to Bedale and took the more direct route to take advantage of the wind, I then had to wind around the villages to make up the miles.
I started to be uncomfortable at about 75 miles.
Lessons learned, Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition.
When i got home I needed a wee, at least I got the hydration right, then I put on my trainers and headed for a run. I must have looked dreadful, I felt as if i was sqatting and could barely lift my feet, I couldnt stop though, there were too many people around.I walked up hospital hill and then the run home felt a little better, but was still awful.
Need to brick more.


Total
101.7 mile bike
1.88 mile run


TOTALS
162 miles
18:03 time
14383 calories
12 workouts

Some other figures

1621 actual miles traveled this year
33 miles swum in 2012
1047 miles cycling in 2012
543 miles run in 2012
1409 human powered miles for 2012 miles in 2012

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for getting out on the bike, Its been poring down in Wales so training has been inside for me mostly, on the turbo or spin bike!

    Your putting my half Ironman plan to shame as I only clocking in about 100 miles a month on the bike presently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's lovely to hear about all those places from my youth, but scary to think you've cycled round them. amazing mileage Lena, fantastic. And Marts2smooth - absolutely no shame in 100 miles a month at all! still more than most folk even dream of. :-)x

    ReplyDelete