Monday 23 April 2012

week 9 Easter holidays

Week 9
First week of the school holidays. School holidays are often the time when I build up my training
MONDAY
Plan
55 min bike
10 min bike
105 length swim
I had the time for a long run, so long run it was. Back in October I did an ultra run, I got a bit lost between West Tanfield and Mickley so I decided to go and get that section right. I studied the map and set off, it was a nice day for a run especially one that was mainly cross country. I found my way to Mickley easily this time but the mileage was not great so I decided to carry on through Hackfall Woods to the bridge on the Grewelthorpe-Masham road. The woods were hilly and slippery and on the return was draining on my legs, suddenly it seemed a long way home from Mickley, but as usual I never listened to my legs I just pushed onward, I ran out of water so I popped into the loos at the caravan park and refilled my bottle there.

Total 24 miles running

TUESDAY
Plan
6 mile club run
Swim coaching session spa baths, legs were tired from the last 2 days but the swimming helped, as did coffee with friends afterwards.
School holiday means no Juniors, but also that there are less adults too. There was only one from the group below mine, none from my group and none at all from Vicky's group, One lady wanted to drop back a bit due to recovering from injury, so we ran together. the weather was awful driving rain and snow.
2150 yd
Club run 5.5 miles

WEDNESDAY
Plan
rest
Yey! Sports Massage day, I have booked them fortnightly now. Libby keeps me on the road, ironing out my niggles before they become injuries, I have no doubt that she has contributed to my successes


THURSDAY
Plan
club training
Legs achy from training and massage so Iain's session was particularly tough, sprints and cornering around cones on the cricket field.
Total
4 miles sprint session
FRIDAY
Plan
easy 50 min bike
swim training
Good Friday
No swim training as school holidays.
Going caravanning so got the cycling out of the way early, before shopping for the trip.
After we got to the park we went for a walk along side the river, Jed loved it.
19.64 miles on bike
SATURDAY
Plan
70 mile bike
10 min run
Woke naturally and went for a run, it was short and hilly
we went to Allen banks, I found it on a tourist map which proved to be highly inaccurate as we drove for miles over the snow covered Penines. but when we finally arrived it was gorgeous http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/allen-banks-and-staward-gorge/
2.09 miles of hills
Long woodland walk

SUNDAY
Plan
22 mile run
Easter Sunday
Got up early and went for long walk with Jed.
3 mile woodland walk
During the afternoon whilst hubby had a kip I went for a short but very hilly run.
4 mile hilly run

As you can see I have not stuck to the plan this week but I have worked hard and rested well, Oh and eaten lots of chocolate. Well it is Easter
TOTALS
60 miles not counting walks
10:11 time
8638 calories
7 workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment